quesGirl filed for maintenance even after being educated and earning.

The girl flied for alimony. She is highly educated Was employed before marriage earning Rs 300,000 per year as per ITR returns. She claimed in the alimony suit she had no income, . 1) What is the criterion for disallowing alimony, a high education , b employment and steady income of the girl 2) If she has fudged documents submitted by her to court, what is the stand of the court a) linient b) perjury case will be ordered c depends on judge 3) she has lodged 498 A what is the best defence against her falsities 4) Can a case under 420 be lodged even before 498A is dismissed.

  • ansThe alimony to a girl can't be refused only on the ground that she is earing good however sometimes court look in to the conduct of the girl while fixing alimony.
    It depends upon the court whether to take action or not. But you can always sue her for filing false documents.
    Defense in 498 A case depends upon facts and fixed set if defense can be recommended.
    You can file a 420 complaint even if 497 A case is pending.

  • ans1) According to the fact mentioned in the query no.1 the criterion for disallowing alimony to wife will be based on b. Employment and steady income of girl.
    2 in case of fudged document submitted by girl the court should ordered for perjury case either suo muto or on application u/s 340 of CrPC by the opposite party.
    3. If the girl has lodged 498.A the best defense would be to seek quashment of FIR and criminal proceedings by filing petition u/s 482 of CrPC on malafide intention
    4. Case under 420 can be lodged even before 498a is dimissed or complaint u /s 200 of CrPC can be prefered before magistrate for registration of offence under section 420 of IPC

    Advocate Naveen Dubey

      Adhartal, Jabalpur

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I have married in September 2015, now I came to know that my wife…
During graduation, a friend of mine came in contact with a boy who had disguised…

i got married on 04-07-09 in pune court. my husband took ex parte divorce on…

I am a Hindu . My Husband was giving me silent treatment which lasted for…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly