quesFirst motion of divorce done. How can i avoid getting divorce now?

1st motion of Divorce is over. I dont want to Divorce my husband now. what can i do. if i dont appear in the 2nd motion what will happen. will i have to pay anything to my husband?

  • ansNo actually you will not have to pay anything and if you don't want to divorce your husband all you have to do is not file the 2nd Motion that's all. The court cannot force you. Shreshta Devi's case in the Supreme Court made it amply clear.

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansDear Madam,

    A divorce cannot be final in a mutual consent divorce till two motions are filed so if you do not want to take a divorce, it would be best to appear before the court and withdraw your consent. As far as your second question goes this depends upon the fact whether you took any alimony amount on first motion from him or not.

    Feel free to revert in case of further clarifications.

    Advocate Sonia Saini

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansThe entire purpose of the time gap between the two motions of mutual divorce is to give the parties time to re-assess. If you do not want a divorce,you need to show up in court on the next date of hearing and intimate the judge that you no longer want consensual divorce.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I married last year, my husband have female best friend with whom he share…

I was married in nov 2014 n since then my husb n stayed less than…
Sir I am having psychiatric problems. I stay in my own parents house .Can my…
I got married in jan 2015. My wife started fighting from the very first day.…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly