×

quesFiling a divorce after 4 days of marriage

If after 4 days of marriage wife kept relation with other person than husband under which section can divorce petition be filed by husband.

• ansHusband cannot file for divorce within one year of marriage. If your wife has maintained relations with another man after marriage then husband can file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty, adultery under section 13 of Hindu marriage act . However please note that adulterer has to be named as respondent in divorce petition where Petition for divorce was filed by husband on ground of adultery but the alleged adulterer was neither named nor impleaded as respondent in such petition.