Fed up of husband's drinking habits. What can i do about it?
i m married for 20 years now. have 2 kids one is a major who is studying in Australia and the other one is minor. my husband has been an Alcoholic since our marriage. but since last 7 years his habit of drinking has just increased. he is not working at all and comes from a strong business family. the amount of rent which comes from my property is taken by him. i work as a counselor in Kodai Kanal. what should i do here i m fed up of all the habits of my husband.
you must file an FIR against him for the offence of mental cruelty . if you donot wish to take such a strong step then file a written application with local police and keep the acknowledgment copy then issue a legal notice and intiate proceedings under Domestic Voilance Act in which you can all the reliefs which you are in need of. if you wish to get seperate from him then after the afortesaid steps you can file divorce petition and also ask for your share of property to secure your and childrens future.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
First you need to decide if you want to go for divorce. The future course of action can be decided after that.
Anyways you have remedies to claim maintenance from your husband and share in his property.
Advocate Sooraj HulkeKharghar, NaviMumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- FIR registered against me will it affect my Govt job
- Stamp duty to be paid on the circle rate or market value of property?
- Grandfather property divided father got share he died how to divide it
- Women filed false case against boy what legal remedy do we have
- Can we based inventory based e-commerce store