Fake Court Marriage
During graduation, a friend of mine came in contact with a boy who had disguised his original identity and proposed her for a relation who accepted her proposal. A few days back the boy forced her to sign on a legal paper (which was a marriage paper) without explaining what the paper was. To prove that she loved that boy she had to sign on that paper. He also tactfully collected other required documents for court marriage from her and subsequently without physical presence of her in the court he managed to get married to her. A few days back his original identity came in front of her and she refused him. She is now not able to go for marriage fearing that guy. What to do? Whether that marriage is a legal marriage???
If the girl does not agree to the marriage and said that this marriage is fake then she can file for cancellation of marriage petition / declaration suit under section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act. If the marriage was registered under the special marriage act, then file a suit for declaration to declare the marriage null and void.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I stop my daughter legally from eloping?
- Family not willing to give share in property to females of the house
- Can we seek justice from hometown court but cause was in other city
- Left company without informing now received legal notice
- What action can i take if friend has still not returned money.