quesExecution of Foreign exparte divorce decree

My husband has sent notice from sydney Australia and got divorce decree on 4 August 2015. How can I get it executed in India. A divorce petition along with DV is pending in local court here but he or his family isn't accepting summons. Please advice.

  • answith due respect. your question is a bit ambiguous. further if u are talking about getting a decree executed in india then there is a procedure for that and the same has been explained in the CPC (procedure code of civil litigation). it can be executed through the court of law and is a valid decree. further i would suggest you to meet a lawyer face to face and then only you can understand the modalities involved in a better and convenient way.

    Advocate Gurmeet Singh

      Green Mark Main, Delhi

  • ansThere are different opinion s our high court says it is not valid divorce and as far as the service of summons is concerned they could be served in australia through the high commissioner of india if the persons are of indian origin

    Advocate Rajan Bhatia

      District Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi

  • ansPlease provide the following details - religion to which both of you belong, whether you have certified copy of divorce, the details of your divorce petition. The decree will have to be examined for its validity as per provisions of Indian law. The decree may be enforced by Indian court. What is this DV?

    Advocate Rakesh Chaurasia

      Greater Kailash- I, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

nthy It's been 6 yrs of marriage and I have 3 yr old son and…
Will there be any punishment for hiding keloid details before marriage as per Indian law…

I am 4 months pregnant and my husband has asked for divorce. I was a…

Am a married 29yr old girl working abroad my husband n kerala.we lived together for…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly