Execution of Foreign exparte divorce decree
My husband has sent notice from sydney Australia and got divorce decree on 4 August 2015. How can I get it executed in India. A divorce petition along with DV is pending in local court here but he or his family isn't accepting summons. Please advice.
with due respect. your question is a bit ambiguous. further if u are talking about getting a decree executed in india then there is a procedure for that and the same has been explained in the CPC (procedure code of civil litigation). it can be executed through the court of law and is a valid decree. further i would suggest you to meet a lawyer face to face and then only you can understand the modalities involved in a better and convenient way.
Advocate Gurmeet SinghGreen Mark Main, Delhi
There are different opinion s our high court says it is not valid divorce and as far as the service of summons is concerned they could be served in australia through the high commissioner of india if the persons are of indian origin
Advocate Rajan BhatiaDistrict Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi
Please provide the following details - religion to which both of you belong, whether you have certified copy of divorce, the details of your divorce petition. The decree will have to be examined for its validity as per provisions of Indian law. The decree may be enforced by Indian court. What is this DV?
Advocate Rakesh ChaurasiaGreater Kailash- I, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Section 420 and 120B bailable offence or not
- Dispute in electricity bill with landlord what can I do
- Friend unable to return money given as loan
- who will keep the custody of the child if the child is below 1 year?
- Bought apartment from builder. Who's responsible to make sale deed?