quesDon't want to divorce husband who send divorce notice

I got married in 2009. Me and my husband were on good terms. We also had a baby in 2011. The problem was initiated by my mother in law. She always used to be on a look out for some mistake or the other. She had a large influence on my husband. My husband soon started ignoring me because of her. He neglected our baby at large.

In 2014, my husband sent me a divorce notice. I don't want to take divorce from him. I filed restitution of conjugal rights and maintenance for my baby but my husband is not ready to give me anything. My mother in law is not ready to take care of our baby either. I am jobless now. I can't even afford a new house. What can I do?

  • ansIf your husband is not willing to divorce you then you can file a contested divorce suit for getting a divorce from your husband. Since you are jobless, it is your husband's duty to take care of you and the baby, which you can claim through maintenance and for the house rent as well under PWDV Act.

    You can file a criminal case u/s 498A IPC as well but this may ruin your marriage.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband is not willing to stay with me where he is staying at present…
In the case of divorce, who take property.......yeh property wife ko milegi ya bache ko…
if they applied compensation case how long it will take to clear what would be…

Hi I have registered with a guy in 2015, 25th sep. We just did our registry…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly