Domestic Violence, Forced Miscarriage, Dowry Harassment
I have been married for 2 years. My husband and his family have harassed me and my family for dowry and have even caused my forced miscarriage. IO is not ready to arrest them even though their AB has been rejected. They are not ready to sign he divorce papers either.
What can be done in this regard?
See police has discretion to arrest even in cognizable offences like these. Have you mentioned in th FIR that your in laws caused you forced miscarriage. If yes and still police is not arresting them, then you can go to High Court and file a writ petition directing Police to arrest the accused.
Apart from this File for divorce on grounds of cruelty
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
you need to take civil as well criminal actions against your husband and his family members by filing the complaint in Crime against women cell,by lodging the complaint under section 406/498A for dowery demand and harrasment,by filing a complaint/ petition under Domestic Violence act and by filing the divorce petition thereby bringing them to come to the table for settlement.
Advocate Narender Kumar SachdevaKailash Colony, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Property divided. Can one sell his share w/o consent of other person?
- How can i claim share if brother's not giving late father's will
- Fraud with pan card case pending in service tax department what to do
- How to recover money given to a govt employee
- Uncle harassing what action can be taken