quesDomestic Violence & Dowry Demands by in laws

I filed a complaint against my husband in the CAW cell. Ours was a love marriage. My husband physically abuses me on small issues and my mother in law demands for dowry. He even aborted my child.

Now i want to know that what are the charges will apply on him & what kind of ligal procedure i have to take?

  • ansFile a case under the Domestic Violence Act before the magistrate. You can seek the right to stay in your matrimonial home or you may also seek an alternative accommodation.

    Ask for a protection order from the court against your husband and your in laws and seek maintenance from your husband at the same time. File a complaint with the local police station under section 498A for dowry and harassment.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got married in April last year _ From the day one there is no…

I am covered under Hindu marriages Act. I applied for Divorce under the reason 'desertion…

Hi, I've been married for 4 years and since beginning itself there have been problems.we…
Its my brothers matrimonial case. He got married three years back, they have not been…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly