Domestic Violence & Dowry Demands by in laws
I filed a complaint against my husband in the CAW cell. Ours was a love marriage. My husband physically abuses me on small issues and my mother in law demands for dowry. He even aborted my child.
Now i want to know that what are the charges will apply on him & what kind of ligal procedure i have to take?
File a case under the Domestic Violence Act before the magistrate. You can seek the right to stay in your matrimonial home or you may also seek an alternative accommodation.
Ask for a protection order from the court against your husband and your in laws and seek maintenance from your husband at the same time. File a complaint with the local police station under section 498A for dowry and harassment.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Validity of divorce notice as per Canadian court,rituals happend India
- land acquired can we ask govt. for reconveyance of land?
- what is the procedure to resign from a trust
- How to initiate recovery of payments from previous employer company
- How to get stay on transfer in a Government job