Domestic Violence Act 2005
My wife has filed a case against me under Domestic Violence Act, 2005. Today was the first hearing. The judge has asked me to submit a WS in the court, which I believe is my written statement as a respondent. I am fighting this case without a lawyer. Could you please tell me how I should submit my written statement in the court. The case is in Karkardooma Court, Delhi. The judge has asked me to send a copy of my statement to my wife and her lawyer also.
A WS is a written statement, meaning a reply against the Complaint that is filed against you by your wife in Domestic matter.
The format of the written statement would go like this: Before the Hon'ble Metropolitan Magistrate, __th
Court (i.e. the court room no.), Karkardooma Court, Delhi, Case No. _______ Name of Complainant ..................... Complainant v/s Your Name .....................................Responsdent. Written Statement under Domestic Violence Act, 2005. May it Please Your Honour, .......... Contents of the WS(Written Statement) .......... Date: Place: Signature.
The copy of WS would have to be sent to your wife under Registered A/D. in an enclosed envelope. The copy of the A/D would have to be produced in the court to prove that the copy of the WS is already served to the Complainant i.e. in this case your wife.
Your written statement should have the following : a. the evidences and facts,
and b. avoid any controversial questions for which there does not exists proper evidences.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to Re-schedule hearing at Lok-adalat &file; case in consumer court
- Can divorce be granted within 1 month
- Is bond agreement with no stamp paper and signed by one party valid
- Brother not sharing the rent obtaining from property, please advise
- compensation for training service agreement