Do kids inherit debts of parents as well
My dad borrowed around Rs.10 lacs for business from some people and he didn't sing any document. My dad expired couple of months back. Now they are asking the whole amount with interest, and they are threating us. What we can do legally? Do kids inherit parents debts?
Since your dad did not sign any document acknowledging the debt he is liable to pay, you also do not incur any liability. File a police complaint in the nearest police station if you are being threatened.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Different date on certificates what can I do
- Government job not letting me rejoin after break what should i do now
- Having an online shopping portal. Can i sell wine online?
- Uncle gave land to government for development. No work done.
- How can we challenge grandfather's will and claim share in property