quesDivorce procedure.How many ways its create problems for us?

My younger sister had married a year back(7th May 2015-arrange marriage).My sister's husband or his mother is demanding of her/us Cash or gift very often.Very often he scolds and thorough way, what he found near to his hand and blame that he left or separated his family only for her,but was not actual.Recently my sister had a baby girl.No one or any one come to see her from her husband and his side.We are from kolkata and my sister's husband from vizag.We had given some amount of dowry in cash and kind,But still they are demanding and insulting us if are not able give. What should we do now?

  • ans

    We suggest you file a police complaint under section 498A / 406 IPC at nearest police station thereby stating the demand of dowry and cruelty by your sister husband and his family.

    You can further a case under domestic violence thereby seeking protection order under section 17 of Domestic Violence act and also seek interim monetary relief order under section 20 of the act

  • ansYour sister is facing serious problem,firstly you have to decide whether you want to divorce her husband ,thereafter there are many legal ways to punish the husband.you have not mentioned where is your sister staying ,if she is staying with the husband then before she files any complaint she has to leave her.BY staying over with husband you cannot do anything legal against the parents of the husband or against the husband.Now your sister has a baby,you have to decide which way you have to go.Get a consultation with a lawyer to proceed either way.

    Advocate Ritesh Isaac

      Bengali Market, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I filed a divorce in India and i am hindu. The person i am…
After failing counselling and meeting to A.C.P how many days take in F.I.R. in woman…
I was filled domestic violence and maintenance case against my husband and in laws in…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly