Divorce procedure.How many ways its create problems for us?
My younger sister had married a year back(7th May 2015-arrange marriage).My sister's husband or his mother is demanding of her/us Cash or gift very often.Very often he scolds and thorough way, what he found near to his hand and blame that he left or separated his family only for her,but was not actual.Recently my sister had a baby girl.No one or any one come to see her from her husband and his side.We are from kolkata and my sister's husband from vizag.We had given some amount of dowry in cash and kind,But still they are demanding and insulting us if are not able give. What should we do now?
We suggest you file a police complaint under section 498A / 406 IPC at nearest police station thereby stating the demand of dowry and cruelty by your sister husband and his family.
You can further a case under domestic violence thereby seeking protection order under section 17 of Domestic Violence act and also seek interim monetary relief order under section 20 of the act
Your sister is facing serious problem,firstly you have to decide whether you want to divorce her husband ,thereafter there are many legal ways to punish the husband.you have not mentioned where is your sister staying ,if she is staying with the husband then before she files any complaint she has to leave her.BY staying over with husband you cannot do anything legal against the parents of the husband or against the husband.Now your sister has a baby,you have to decide which way you have to go.Get a consultation with a lawyer to proceed either way.
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Forced Eviction by landlord what to do
- Bank loses original sale deed documents. What should be my next step?
- Took money for job now refusing what can I do
- How to convert a commercial property into residential
- quit company after signing employment bond with company?