Divorce on caste basis.
I belong to a lower middle class family. My husband (Hindu Brahmin from Nepal) and I (Christian from Mumbai) got married in a temple on 28th Sept, 1998. I have two kids from him. He left me & my kids on 5th Dec, 2007 and never turned back. Since then i have been taking all the responsibilities of my children. I want to file a divorce, but cannot pay a lawyer as i cannot afford one, but its the question of my children's future. Please guide me on. carrying a man's name with me is not as per my will. Lately came to my knowledge that he got married and settled down in Nepal.
You can take help of district legal aid center if you cannot afford legal fees. Your marriage itself is illegal. Your marriage could not have been solemnized under provisions of Hindu marriage act as you were a Christian at time of marriage. Did you convert to Hinduism at time of marriage. You should have married under provisions of special marriage act your marriage is null and void.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father lent money to brother in law how to recover back the money
- False criminal case when i am staying and working far away from home
- Can a 18 years old kidnapping case be reopened
- Can i claim share in father's property which he wants to give to uncle
- Advance maintenance taken by builder. Still paying it. What to do?