quesDivorce on a stamp paper notarised considered valid in court or not

i have divorced mutually to my wife on 100rs stap paper before notar. is it valid or not?. can wife claim any thing to me?

  • ansDivorce on stamp paper is not divorce at all. It cannot be considered as divorce between you and your wife. There is only one way to get divorce and that is through family court decree of divorce. Yes she can file cases against you. Yes, there is one way by which you can get rid of this marital tie, but that too I cannot share here, for details contact me...

    Advocate Shashi Chaturvedi

      Dombivli, Thane

  • ansthis is not valid document
    cause as per Hindu Marriage act this method is wrongly consult and drafted AAPSI SODCHITTICHA LEKH

    both wanna ready for divorce then go to court and file mutual divorce, then court pass an order for dissolution of marriage. but not immediately pass order

    1 yrs separation is mandatory
    after file case for mutual divorce
    i.e. in case presented on 1/1/16 the court adjourned the matter after 6months i.e. 1/7/16 for final order
    this procedure for settlement of matrimonial dispute.

    Advocate Nilesh Y Thengre

      Cotton Market, Nagpur

  • ansDivorce merely on 100 rs stamp paper notarised is not a valid divoce in the eyes of law though executed mutually.
    For a valid divorce there must be divorce by decree of court.
    In ur case both the parties have all remedies open against each other as a husband and wife. U r still in matrimonial relation with each other.

    Advocate Priya Sachin Zoting

      Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur

  • ansDear client only court has power to grant divorce. Notary divorce has no value in the eye of law. She is still yr wife and can demand maintenance from u. So file divorce in court and get court order. For any legal help call me

    Adv prasad patil


    Advocate Prasad Patil

      Pimple Saudagar, Pune

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

can court force husband to take back wife without will as per hindu law is…
i regstred marred 3 mnths back but now we are not together living we want…

Sir/Madam, In case of infidelity the rights of women is only to file a divorce…

Dear Sir, Please advice to us for my brother missing from July 2016 from his…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly