×

quesDivorce from wife. No physical relation since day one. What to do?

I completed only 8 months of marriage. My wife is very quarrelsome always disturb me blaming me & my family torturing her. In fact she has not allowed me to have physical relations since the day one of our marriage. Blaming me for extra-marital relations. Always threaten me "to file a case of rape if you touched my body" I have video recording & SMS threating me for divorce. Will these evidences favour me if I apply for separation.

• ansPlease note that under Hindu law, you cannot file for a divorce unless you complete one year of marriage unless you have taken prior permission of the Court under Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act. And yes, your recordings and videos shall assist you to quite an extent.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansIn this circumstances, you can p[proceed to file Judicial Separation as per Section 10 of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955 with specific grounds and situation you are facing . If she is threatening you for divorce than you can proceed for mutual Divorce after one year of marriage.

Advocate Ravinder Tyagi

Lagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi