Divorce from wife. No physical relation since day one. What to do?
I completed only 8 months of marriage. My wife is very quarrelsome always disturb me blaming me & my family torturing her. In fact she has not allowed me to have physical relations since the day one of our marriage. Blaming me for extra-marital relations. Always threaten me "to file a case of rape if you touched my body" I have video recording & SMS threating me for divorce. Will these evidences favour me if I apply for separation.
Please note that under Hindu law, you cannot file for a divorce unless you complete one year of marriage unless you have taken prior permission of the Court under Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act. And yes, your recordings and videos shall assist you to quite an extent.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
In this circumstances, you can p[proceed to file Judicial Separation as per Section 10 of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955 with specific grounds and situation you are facing . If she is threatening you for divorce than you can proceed for mutual Divorce after one year of marriage.
Advocate Ravinder TyagiLagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- to get info. about the condition of ETT/NTT for doing b.ed distancmode
- Harassment from wife for making a false dowry what is my legal remedy?
- Father is retired government officer LTC is denied to mother & father
- How to get legal separation from parents if i'm a major
- Can a court hearing get fixed before the party receives court notice?