quesDivorce from husband having illicit relationship

My husband is in an illicit relationship and when i tell him to refrain from such acts he verbally abuses me, threatens to kill me. I had filed a complaint with the women cell but now i wish to file a new complaint under DV act. Do I need to take back my first complaint? Am i liable to file a new complaint under the same act as an individual?

  • ansYou need not withdraw your complaint filed before the CAW cell for filing your complaint under DV Act. You can file a petition u/s156(3) of Cr.P.C. before the Magistrate praying for direction upon the police to register a FIR based on your complaint and investigate and act based on that.

    Complaint under the DV Act has to be filed with a metropolitan magistrate. Complaints filed by you with women cell are separate complaints and have no relation with DV complaint to be filed.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband filed divorce using false allegation of being abuse now If I fix first…

Wife having extra marital affair. What is the procedure to get divorce? 

My Husband has PR in Australia, staying from 3years and took divorce in australia melbourne.…

What is the procedure for mutual divorce?

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly