Divorce from husband having illicit relationship
My husband is in an illicit relationship and when i tell him to refrain from such acts he verbally abuses me, threatens to kill me. I had filed a complaint with the women cell but now i wish to file a new complaint under DV act. Do I need to take back my first complaint? Am i liable to file a new complaint under the same act as an individual?
You need not withdraw your complaint filed before the CAW cell for filing your complaint under DV Act. You can file a petition u/s156(3) of Cr.P.C. before the Magistrate praying for direction upon the police to register a FIR based on your complaint and investigate and act based on that.
Complaint under the DV Act has to be filed with a metropolitan magistrate. Complaints filed by you with women cell are separate complaints and have no relation with DV complaint to be filed.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Complaint against LIC under scrutiny for 3 years. How to expedite it?
- How much time does it take for passing judgement on partition suit.
- Uncle aunt manipulated nephew to become sperm doner now blackmailing
- How can I apply for army pension on medical grounds?
- Can i open a lottery website in India