quesDivorce case when husband doesn't appear in the court

I got married in 2000, I have two children. Last 7 years we are living separate because of domestic violence & dowry. I have filed separation in 2005. In feb 2013 my husband agreed for mutual divorce when I cancelled all the running cases. My lawyer force me if i want divorce then i have to agree in any case. After written concern by him i deny all the cases. But after this my husband did not come in court. Judge said in 13b it is your responsibility to present opposite party in court. What can i do now?

  • ansIn mutual consent it is for both the parties to appear before court & both want divorce from each other. You should have withdrawn your cases after his appearance only. Any way it is better for you to file your cases again if he does not agree to appear.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got married 1 year 3 months ago. After marriage my wife resided only for…

I and my wife are hindus and our marriage is registered eight years back under…

pls tell me the counter case can i filed against 498a wife and her family…

We've been married for about 3 years. I have lost all faith in my wife…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly