Divorce case pending since 8 years in court
I had an arranged marriage. Within 5 days he told me that he was forced by his parents to get married and he loved someone else. He begged me for divorce. I stayed there hoping things will get better but he started torturing me emotionally and physically. He then applied for divorce. A divorce case is pending in the court since the last 8 years. How much more time will it take.
We need to know whether the Divorce was Mutual or Contested.
Time duration for obtaining divorce varies from case to case & place to place. Generally speaking, contested divorce proceedings take approximately 18 to 24 months. Mutual Consent Divorce varies from 4 weeks to 7 months and more. In Delhi, Mutual Consent Divorce is possible with in two to four weeks.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- mother refusing to share fathers property after his death.
- If i buy flat or plot in India, how to save it from illegal occupancy?
- Is it defamation to call a person cheat on social forum if it is true
- How to register contract labor
- will daughters also get equal share in grandfather's property