quesDivorce case pending since 8 years in court

I had an arranged marriage. Within 5 days he told me that he was forced by his parents to get married and he loved someone else. He begged me for divorce. I stayed there hoping things will get better but he started torturing me emotionally and physically. He then applied for divorce. A divorce case is pending in the court since the last 8 years. How much more time will it take.

  • ansWe need to know whether the Divorce was Mutual or Contested.

    Time duration for obtaining divorce varies from case to case & place to place. Generally speaking, contested divorce proceedings take approximately 18 to 24 months. Mutual Consent Divorce varies from 4 weeks to 7 months and more. In Delhi, Mutual Consent Divorce is possible with in two to four weeks.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My sister was living separately from her husband for 1-year and both were unhappy with…
I'm forcely married by family..and my sister.. Emotionally black mail by my father, on that…
Hi, My friend has divorce case in family court. Her husband hacked her email id…
Sir I have done a divorce case. My mom did a complaint case against in-law's…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly