quesDivorce case pending since 8 years in court

I had an arranged marriage. Within 5 days he told me that he was forced by his parents to get married and he loved someone else. He begged me for divorce. I stayed there hoping things will get better but he started torturing me emotionally and physically. He then applied for divorce. A divorce case is pending in the court since the last 8 years. How much more time will it take.

• ansWe need to know whether the Divorce was Mutual or Contested.

Time duration for obtaining divorce varies from case to case & place to place. Generally speaking, contested divorce proceedings take approximately 18 to 24 months. Mutual Consent Divorce varies from 4 weeks to 7 months and more. In Delhi, Mutual Consent Divorce is possible with in two to four weeks.