quesDivorce case . Advice for a helpless single girl.

Sir, I am living in mumbai now . My husband is from delhi . He had sent me divorce notice from delhi tis hazari court in 2013 november & march 2014 but due to personal matters i couldnt go to court. infact my dad didnt supported me... now it has more than 1 year i have no clue what happend in court. Now that guy is ruining some other girls life by claming false allegation against me and taking sympathy sir i am all alone widout any support of any one financially & mentally. Pls guide me what should i do ?

• ansFirst of all, you have to engage the Lawyer to know the status of Case. Handover the summon's to lawyer to know the status. Contact us to proceed. You have to file maintenance petition against your husband . Apart from that you can proceed for 498A a Criminal Complaint.

Advocate Ravinder Tyagi

Lagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi

• ansYou can approach the Legal Aid Committee in the Court of your local jurisdiction for initiating proceedings u/s 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure for your maintenance. You need not pay any fee there. They are there to help the financially weaker section. You can also approach the Supreme Court Legal Aid Committee and get the said case pending in Tis Hazari Court transferred to the Court under whose territorial jurisdiction you reside in Mumbai.
    Additionally you can also try to contact that girl and try to make her understand the truth by meeting her or writing to her. Hope she being a girl will understand.

Advocate Ajay Vikram Singh

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansDear Madam,

It is essential to know the status of the case to devise a further course. Kindly share the copy of the notice you have received. After checking the status further advise can be given.

Has you husband tried to contact you after that? Did you receive any further notice?

Advocate Sonia Saini