quesDivorce by wife

my wife want divorce from me because she got records of my past chat history with my girl friend. after marriage, i chatted with my girlfriend for a week when my wife was not there. i hv told my girl friend that this is the last time im chatting, after this i will see u as a friend only. she has suicide tendency if i behave badly with her or show more love towards my wife. so it took time for me to avoid her completely. so i never tell her that my family life is happy. my intention was to avoid my girl friend (she is my relative too) without knowledge of anyone including my wife. but thru police help, she got my past chat history which includes vulgar talk, most of them was talked before marriage. but i never had sex with my girlfriend, but my wife is assuming that i might have had it. by reading my sms she guess many wrong things. interesting thing is i live in gujarat and my old girl friend lives in kerala. we had mental relation thru phone only. My girl friend is also married and having a kid also. if my wife file case against me, my old girl friend will be dragged to court.,her family life will be spoiled, her husband may seek divorce from her, her son's life will be spoiled. thinking of all these things, i thought of handling and solving my old affair on my own. but my intentions are misinterpreted and now im in trouble. i love my wife a lot. i cant live without her. but my wife's parents brainwash her and are trying for divorce saying this reason. they want a mutual consent divorce which i dont want. but if i dont agree for mutual divorce, they will go ahead and file a case against me. please advice me what will the result of this case? Is there any loop hole for me to prove my innocence

  • ans It will be better to settle the matter amicably. Today the law is in favor of women. She may file criminal and civil cases against you and your family. In India there is no law to force anybody to live with the other party. So it will be better for you to settle the matter amicably.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

We both are belong to hindu religion and classmates, loved each other and married in…

I am in love with a man who is already married. How can I marry…

I am hindu boy..my marriage was at surat(gujrat)as girl is from surat.girl has filed maintenance…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly