×

quesdivorce and son's share in husbands property

My husband is a millionaire, He and his family tortured me and threw me out of his house 3 years back. I filed 498A against him but he bribed the police and got bail. Now we are onto negotiation and he wants to pay a petty amount and wants me to write that I and my son will not have any share in his ancestral property. Please tell me what are my and my son's right according to law ?

• ansYour son is natural legal heir to his father's property. Further, apart from police complain you should have filed a suit for domestic violence in court. Take help of any lawyer for filing of a suit. Now it is up to you to decide which option you want to take up.

Your son have share in his ancestral property. Even if your write non-claimer letter in respect of his property, your son on attaining his adulthood can claim his share. So do not worry on this account.
    You can file case u/s 12 of PWDV Act claiming hefty maintenance to bolster your claim for good sum of final settlement amount. Do not negotiate till you get good amount maintenance in DV case.