divorce and son's share in husbands property
My husband is a millionaire, He and his family tortured me and threw me out of his house 3 years back. I filed 498A against him but he bribed the police and got bail. Now we are onto negotiation and he wants to pay a petty amount and wants me to write that I and my son will not have any share in his ancestral property. Please tell me what are my and my son's right according to law ?
Your son is natural legal heir to his father's property. Further, apart from police complain you should have filed a suit for domestic violence in court. Take help of any lawyer for filing of a suit. Now it is up to you to decide which option you want to take up.
Your son have share in his ancestral property. Even if your write non-claimer letter in respect of his property, your son on attaining his adulthood can claim his share. So do not worry on this account.
You can file case u/s 12 of PWDV Act claiming hefty maintenance to bolster your claim for good sum of final settlement amount. Do not negotiate till you get good amount maintenance in DV case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Inlaws gave fake dowry list with FIR how to prove that wrong
- Sister committed suicide can I and husband take join custody of child
- Selling property without children's influence
- preliminary decree passed but not yet executed what to do
- After filing for mutual divorce wife not allowing to meet kids