quesdivorce and maintenance after baby

It's been a year since we are married and we have a baby girl just born. As it looks like laws are women friendly(in terms of property share and maintenance), my wife wants to take advantage of it and trying to file a divorce. Currently my wife is with her parents and had done post graduation, she is not currently working but if she works can earn 35K/month. I discussed with my wife with love to get her away from this divorce maintenance thoughts, but it didn't work. If she files divorce or maintenance, I am not ready to pay even single paisa of maintenance, why should I if I am correct, sincere and committed towards relationship?

  • ansif your wife wants divorce better do it by mutual consent . if it is not possible to arrive at an amicable settlement let her file for divorce . you can file RCR under section 9 of HMA . you have not mentioned whether your wife has ever worked in past . merely stated that she is not working now . . you have merely stated that she can earn Rs 35,000 per month . in addition you have not mentioned your income . various factors are taken into account by court while awarding maintenance

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

If a girl files divorce case.... then does she has right to take alimony and…
We had a temple marriage 14 months back. Within 4 months she deserted me. Its…
My husband applied for divorce. We have 3 case already running domestic violence 498a I…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly