divorce and maintenance after baby
It's been a year since we are married and we have a baby girl just born. As it looks like laws are women friendly(in terms of property share and maintenance), my wife wants to take advantage of it and trying to file a divorce. Currently my wife is with her parents and had done post graduation, she is not currently working but if she works can earn 35K/month. I discussed with my wife with love to get her away from this divorce maintenance thoughts, but it didn't work. If she files divorce or maintenance, I am not ready to pay even single paisa of maintenance, why should I if I am correct, sincere and committed towards relationship?
if your wife wants divorce better do it by mutual consent . if it is not possible to arrive at an amicable settlement let her file for divorce . you can file RCR under section 9 of HMA . you have not mentioned whether your wife has ever worked in past . merely stated that she is not working now . . you have merely stated that she can earn Rs 35,000 per month . in addition you have not mentioned your income . various factors are taken into account by court while awarding maintenance
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- F&F -Employer not settling F&F and threatening to send legal notice
- Need Advice on breach of contract by builder
- Can I take action against the institute for rejecting my scholarship
- Drunk man beaten by 10 people he died in hospital
- Can boyfriend force to be with him on the basis of past relationship