×

quesDivorce, alimony, maintenance from husband.

Husband won the divorce case at trial court on desertion and cruelty ground. But actually he was in live in relationship and was having kids out of this relationship. But filed a false case and removed all the documents from the lower court record. within three months (including all the holidays and winter vacation)of divorce he got remarried.)

1.Is the marriage valid? 2. First wife is suffering from life threatening disease during the course of this court procedure. She is working even if it is difficult for her to work. She filed an appeal at HC. Can she get alimony, maintenance? Court ordered compensation on medical ground. 3. Husband denied to give alimony and maintenance to her. He also denied to return her dowry articles.

• ansYes. She can seek alimony in appeal. If the husband has denied maintenance and alimony then the remedy lies in filing a case for maintenance to make the husband liable for the same. As regards return of dowry articles the wife shall have to file a case under 406 IPC and get the process against husband issued from the criminal court.