dissolving of marriage- not registered marriage
I have been married for 1 year, but me & my husband are not in good terms & we are planning to get divorced, we have not registered our marriage legally, so i would like to know if we can get divorced?
Of course you can get divorce. Absence of registration does not emasculate in any manner the rights of spouses to dissolve the marriage.
You can get a divorce even if the marriage was not registered, provided you are able to produce sufficient evidence by way of marriage photos, invitation cards etc.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Girlfriend married with someone else can she marry me as well?
- Can private license be used as commercial driving license
- Will bank allow us to withdraw the FD on the basis of name certificate
- Redevelopment Agreement for Ancestral Property
- Defrauded by a private firm hired for services what action can i take