quesdifference between Annulment and Divorce?

What is the Difference between Annulment and Divorce? i have been married for 8 months now. and me and my husband is ready to get separated. how should we proceed?

• ansAnnulment is declaring marriage is void, you both can file divorce petitions by mutual consent before concerned court. There's a difference between annulment and divorce. In you case you both should apply for divorce as both are ready
    It will take minimum 6 months to conclude the trial.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansDivorce is granted when the marriage is recognized legal and annulment is granted when marriage is considered to be illegal.

Advocate Purvi Shah

Malad West, Mumbai