quesDemand for marriage out of extra-marital affairs

I am a married and I have to kids. I am a government employee. I've been in a relationship for about a year with someone who is elder to me. There were few sexual encounters between us. There were no promises of getting married.

Now she wants to get married to me and has been blackmailing me off and on. She's making my life a living hell. Is there anyway to get out of this?

• ansYou should hold yourself responsible for this problem. Adultery is an offence and you have committed this.

Handle this situation diplomatically and ask for her forgiveness and close this chapter. The legal recourse available for you is to restrain her form entering the office but that would entail further complications and possible criminal charges against you jeopardizing your job.

Does she have any proof of the extra marital relationship you had with her? If yes, she can lodge a complaint in the police station which will spell trouble for your job as you are government servant. It is in your interest to amicably settle the differences with her.