quesDemand for marriage out of extra-marital affairs

I am a married and I have to kids. I am a government employee. I've been in a relationship for about a year with someone who is elder to me. There were few sexual encounters between us. There were no promises of getting married.

Now she wants to get married to me and has been blackmailing me off and on. She's making my life a living hell. Is there anyway to get out of this?

  • ansYou should hold yourself responsible for this problem. Adultery is an offence and you have committed this.

    Handle this situation diplomatically and ask for her forgiveness and close this chapter. The legal recourse available for you is to restrain her form entering the office but that would entail further complications and possible criminal charges against you jeopardizing your job.

    Does she have any proof of the extra marital relationship you had with her? If yes, she can lodge a complaint in the police station which will spell trouble for your job as you are government servant. It is in your interest to amicably settle the differences with her.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My wife left me without any reasonable cause now she is living at her parents…

My wife is not having sex with me and doesn't wish to have kids. What…

I got married 5 months back, Feb 2016. It was an arrange marriage. We clearly…
I am in receipt of reply on legal divorece from ADVOCATE ATUL C FALDU on…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly