Demand for marriage out of extra-marital affairs
I am a married and I have to kids. I am a government employee. I've been in a relationship for about a year with someone who is elder to me. There were few sexual encounters between us. There were no promises of getting married.
Now she wants to get married to me and has been blackmailing me off and on. She's making my life a living hell. Is there anyway to get out of this?
You should hold yourself responsible for this problem. Adultery is an offence and you have committed this.
Handle this situation diplomatically and ask for her forgiveness and close this chapter. The legal recourse available for you is to restrain her form entering the office but that would entail further complications and possible criminal charges against you jeopardizing your job.
Does she have any proof of the extra marital relationship you had with her? If yes, she can lodge a complaint in the police station which will spell trouble for your job as you are government servant. It is in your interest to amicably settle the differences with her.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to send a legal notice
- Can my mother claim share in ancestral property of her father
- how to vacate the ground floor
- Booked a flat now not wiling to proceed further what action to take?
- Kept engagement picture with me. In laws filing false case against me