Contesting divorce. Wife sent mutual divorce papers. What to do?
My wife & I have been married for 3 yrs wdout children. She is working in Abu Dhabi U.A.E. I was working in Dubai last year but had to resign & come back to India due to some unavoidable circumstances.I am unemployed now & we are forced to live separately for a year as her employment contract & UAE Law does not permit us to stay together in U.A.E. This has strained our relations to such extent that she has sent me a legal notice for divorce on mutual grounds. I feel like taken for granted & being forced into divorce. How should I tackle this legally & is there anything like one sided divorce
sir, you must first reply the legal notice through an advocate. if you are not ready for divorce then you by filing petitionfor Restitution of Conjugal Rights before family court, ask your wife to co habit with you. as you are aware in our country law is in favour of women, so to be on safer side kindly forward the copy of reply notice to women cell, commisioner of police, and your concerned police station. there is no "one sided divorce " but if you dont appear or refuse to fight then then yes there can be Ex -parte orders may be pass against you. so immedietly cosult with your advocate and face the battel.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
Firstly you have not disclosed on what ground wife is asking divorce . As far as taking action on your part is You can issue a reply notice through Advocate and ask for restitution. Also issue mails to come back n stay n start new life in India. Further you have not disclosed how your marriage has been conducted as per Indian law or Else.
Advocate Pramod KaleDistrict Court, Shivajinagar, Pune
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father sister claim ancestral property after many years can they do it
- Misusing of power and harassment by employer, please advise
- Clarification on Crpc section 31
- How is compensation giving by govt distributed among HUF members
- Clarification on summon and notice in a cheque bounce case