cheating wife refusing to give divorce & demands money
I saw the immoral conduct of my wife directly. So we were separated before 4 yrs. Now she has an affair with another person. She lives with him. She became pregnant before our separation. Now she has a boy of 3 yrs. I want divorce from her. But she ask Rs. 80,000 from me. She didn't accept to give divorce for me. What should I do get divorce from her?
I am sorry you can not prosecute your wife for adultery but can have cause of action against the man and claim damages. You can however seek divorce on that ground if you have strong evidence.
My opinion is that you get rid of such a woman by paying the demanded amount after she goes through process of mutual consent divorce. Otherwise you may end up spending more money on litigation and wasting your precious years.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Am i liable to pay to my father in law from my monthly salary?
- cheating wife refusing to give divorce & demands money
- Took friendly loan now they are asking huge amount giving life threat
- Land in possession for 25 years now khasmahal office asking to vacate
- Landlord deducting amount from the security deposit