quescheating wife refusing to give divorce & demands money

I saw the immoral conduct of my wife directly. So we were separated before 4 yrs. Now she has an affair with another person. She lives with him. She became pregnant before our separation. Now she has a boy of 3 yrs. I want divorce from her. But she ask Rs. 80,000 from me. She didn't accept to give divorce for me. What should I do get divorce from her?

• ansI am sorry you can not prosecute your wife for adultery but can have cause of action against the man and claim damages. You can however seek divorce on that ground if you have strong evidence.

My opinion is that you get rid of such a woman by paying the demanded amount after she goes through process of mutual consent divorce. Otherwise you may end up spending more money on litigation and wasting your precious years.