cheating husband- ran away leaving wife and child
My friend who is from Patna (Bihar) having love marriage in dec 2008 with a Bengali man living in Delhi. She have a 3 yr old son now. Her husband cheated on her and hided that this is his second marriage. Now again her husband trying for third marriage and when she catch him red handed. He escaped from house without any information silently. Nobody having idea where he is. Since 4-5 month he had done no contact with his wife and family. My friend want to get divorced but she has no idea how she can do it. because she have no idea where her husband and in laws are
Firtly, you should lodge police complaint against your husband for cheating and criminal breach of trust. The police will be liable to trace your husband.
You can even hire a detective agency to trace your husband and to collect evidences against your husband.
Then file for divorce against your husband. On the contrary if your husband cannot be traced for service of summons you can apply for substituted service by paper publication.
You can file criminal case u/s 498A, 494, 420, 506 IPC against your husband. He should be brought to books for his offences. Once he is arrested file case of maintenance as well u/s 12 of PWDV Act. Do not let him go so easily.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a rent payment check be taken in other's name
- Can society prohibit People from entering public parks
- Labor case pending employer threatening me to settle what can i do
- Section 420 and 120B bailable offence or not
- How can the looted jewellery be recovered if criminal is caught