quesCase of mutual divorce

I did marriage before 2 years. But after 1 year due to lots of problems with husband and his family I left his home and camr back to my maternal home. And also I deliver a baby boy. In this 1 year neither his family nor my family contacted each other. I thought for the baby he will come to take me home. But he said that he need divorce. So my question is: can I file dv and 394a against him and his family? But I don't have any proof of that.

  • ansIf you and your husband are into a positive agreement to end the marriage then both of you may mutually apply for divorce in court. On the contrary, if you are not willing to accede to his demand for divorce, you may contest the case of divorce as and when he files it. If you are a victim of domestic violence and dowry harassment then you may file the complaint and prosecute him. Your case will not stand in court if there is no exculpatory evidence against your husband. You may though sue him for maintenance of yourself and your child.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Ours was a love marriage where the parents did not approve of it. Issues in…

i am getting married 14 Dec 2016 , wife behavior very unpredictable, she is have…

I want my jewellry which has been given to me in marriage by my relatives..its…

Can a boy file for divorce on grounds of cruelty if the girl staying in…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly