can't take husbands extra marital affair anymore
I am born and brought up in Delhi and am married to a businessman in Mumbai. I have been married for 7 years. For the last 4 years I remained silent knowing my husband's extra marital affair. I cannot take it any more. I am tired of being a slave under house arrest. I have left him and come to Delhi from Mumbai. I need to file for a divorce.
You can file for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty, harassment and adultery in family court at Delhi. However, in India, various personal laws are applicable to various communities. It would have been better if you would have mentioned the community that you belong to. Albeit; assuming the family court would grant divorce based on these grounds.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Complaint against lawyer for attesting forged document
- How to send legal notice to a firm in Germany? What to do after that?
- Tenant staying for 25 years now capturing our land. What to do?
- What is the procedure for divorce?
- Rules related to employment agreement and contract