Can wife file domestic violence case after divorce case
I have filed divorce against my wife. The first hearing is in September. My wife and i are not living under the same roof for the past 6 months. Can my wife file a Domestic violence act against me before first hearing of divorce case even if we don't live under the same roof? if so on what grounds? Do i have immunity from a domestic violence case once the hearing of my divorce case begins?
Yes she can file Domestic violence case against you for acts of domestic violence committed by you. It is a continuing offense.
You have no immunity from Domestic Violence case once hearing of divorce case begins.
You cant file Domestic violence case on your wife, only divorce on grounds of mental cruelty.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Got selected for public bank but now bank got privatised
- Wants a change in DOB in NOS 10th standard marksheet
- Partition of HUF-Dissolution Deed or Partition Deed & Stamp Duty
- How can I claim my right over my fathers property
- Wrong description of an offer given by company what to do