×

quesCan wife file domestic violence case after divorce case

I have filed divorce against my wife. The first hearing is in September. My wife and i are not living under the same roof for the past 6 months. Can my wife file a Domestic violence act against me before first hearing of divorce case even if we don't live under the same roof? if so on what grounds? Do i have immunity from a domestic violence case once the hearing of my divorce case begins?

• ansYes she can file Domestic violence case against you for acts of domestic violence committed by you. It is a continuing offense.

You have no immunity from Domestic Violence case once hearing of divorce case begins.

You cant file Domestic violence case on your wife, only divorce on grounds of mental cruelty.