can we somehow stop paying monthly maintenance awarded in DV case
The girl was taken back by her parents within 21 days from our home. Th case is going on in Karkardooma Court and we are paying monthly maintenance of Rs.4500 since 3.5 years.
Can we somehow go to the higher court to stop paying this monthly maintenance as we were never wrong here and have been paying regularly since then.
First of all, what case is pending in the karkardooma court?
Are you paying maintenance under a order of the court?
If the court has ordered to pay a monthly remuneration of Rs. 4500/- then we would advice you to continue paying. If you stop paying her then it would amount to contempt of court.
You can appeal against the maintenance order of the court.
The maintenance can only be stopped if your wife remarries after getting the divorce decree from the court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- DV case maintainable if civil suit againt my Islamic divorce pending
- I was appointed as guarantor but debtor settled in abroad
- Do he had to destroy old agreement to make a new agreement?
- How to claim share in mother in laws property
- Bought property with father in mother's name. How to claim it back?