can we be help liable fr suicide of our spouses if we walk out on them
What if I walk out of my marriage since I love another man and he walks out too...and we send Divorce Notices to our respective partners and one of them commits suicide and names either or both of us as the reason for suicide. The reasons for us to walk out of our marriages and mainly Compatibility Challenges.
First of all,you have to take divorce from your spouse. Without taking divorce ,indulging in relationship with another person will create illegal relation. No value of this relation in the eyes of law. Apart from that ,if any spouse commit suicide for the reason and named in the suicide note. Than that person can be punished in Law u/s 306 of IPC up to 10 year of Punishment.
For further query contact .
Advocate Ravinder TyagiLagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi
Yes, one can be booked under section 304(B) AND /0R 306 of IPC for the suicide of other spouse in the present circumstances.I have seen a matter where the spouse committed suicide during the mutual consent divorce proceeding and police booked the other spouse under section 304(B) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Advocate Narender Kumar SachdevaKailash Colony, Delhi
Please note that in case such a suicide note is recovered, then the chances are that the Police would register the case and carry out investigation. However, it depends on the contents of the Suicide note and whether there is any thing further to what all you stated in your query.
The law as to this is abetment to suicide. There has to be an act of incitement or coaxing some person to take his/her own life.
If the reason is simple that you walk out of marriage and seek divorce, then chances are that such case would not stand test of law and you would be acquitted. Be that as it may, the case could be registered and lot depends on the investigation and quality of evidence against you.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Right of married daughter in mothers property after death of parents
- Bank recalling person loan after disbursement and one EMI paid
- Denial of Defence Asst in departmental enquiry and appeal in APAR
- Filing case against furniture company
- can one be forced to give statement in police