can sister's in laws stop paying maintenance if she remarries?
Actually my sister husband expired in oct 2009 and after that there in-laws started creating problems for her like not giving her jewelry, shop of his husband. so we have filled a complaint in women cell and they have refered a case in delhi rohini court.
After a lots of effort court has started a maintenance charges and she can stay in in-laws homes.
basically we are planing for re-marriage of my sister and even she is having a kid of 4 yrs.
Now after marriage can there in-laws will stop paying maintenance and that kid do not have any right on his father property?
Regarding your query,
Assuming your sister is a Hindu,
Her claim to the maintenance will get over as soon as she remarries.
But the child's share will continue to exist in his father's property as well as the ancestral property of the father.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can an Indian army officer travel Nepal without valid passport
- Tamil nadu temp employees union vs LIC
- Procedure and format of rent agreement
- Refused job on the grounds that certificate is fake what to do
- Bail was granted by the HC charged u/s 138 NI warrant issued again