quescan sister's in laws stop paying maintenance if she remarries?

Actually my sister husband expired in oct 2009 and after that there in-laws started creating problems for her like not giving her jewelry, shop of his husband. so we have filled a complaint in women cell and they have refered a case in delhi rohini court.

After a lots of effort court has started a maintenance charges and she can stay in in-laws homes.

basically we are planing for re-marriage of my sister and even she is having a kid of 4 yrs.

Now after marriage can there in-laws will stop paying maintenance and that kid do not have any right on his father property?

  • ans

    Regarding your query,
    Assuming your sister is a Hindu,
    Her claim to the maintenance will get over as soon as she remarries.

    But the child's share will continue to exist in his father's property as well as the ancestral property of the father.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

After failing counselling and meeting to A.C.P how many days take in F.I.R. in woman…
Wife is staying separate for 3 and a half years. She is also not wiling…
hi sir my spouse has filled a divorce case against me. In the form it…

My husband is not allowng me to meet my own parens he & his parents…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly