Can signed letter from in laws help if in future wife file false case?
Does a recorded conversation / written acknowledgement by me wife and her family that she is leaving on her own accord help in case they later file a false case against us? Our marriage is only 2.5 months old and we have been fighting since the start of our marriage. My wife's family is at our home and she wants to go with them and wants a Divorce.
I am afraid that my wife and her family might take some action and might put false complaints against me and my family. What can we do to safeguard ourselves.
Also can I ask her family to sign a statement that they are taking her on their will and will not take any action against us. Will it benefit us if tomorrow they put false allegations against us?
As we can see, in our opinion you should firstly safeguard yourself, your parents and your relatives and collect evidence. This basically involves recording your conversations with your wife and her parents. Just be polite and record all your conversations. This is essential as these recordings will help you prove the complaints she files against you as false and baseless.
Try and record the threatening conversations wherein she is threatening you to file false complaints etc.
Apart from this, intimate the Police about the facts of your case. You should intimate the nearest Police Station about the facts of your case in writing stating that your wife and her parents may file such false case against you and your family. And if she is threatening you with false complaints then you can even write a complaint to your nearest police station, detailing about blackmailing, her false allegations and her unscrupulous behavior. And request in your complaint to make her stop the threats and abuses immediately.
Yes, you can get the statement signed but do get it signed in the presence of 2 neutral witnesses or else the same can be said to be manipulated and can be contended in the Court of law to be signed under coercion.
And with respect to divorce, the petition for the same cannot be filed before the end of 1 year of marriage.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I be with another man while my divorce case is pending ?
- Boyfrind promised to marry in front of magistrate not denying
- Company not paying salary, reimbursements & incentives
- What to do if police is not cooperating in a case
- In how many days bail is granted under 498a case