Can re marry as first wife live in village and we have no relationship
Hi. I am married few years ago by Hindu tradition and my marriage was not registered. Now she lives in village and I am in city and we have no relationship. Now can I marry in court? Do I need any document from her what she agree? By documents I am single.
If your first wife has all the legal documents for your marriage such as photograph, wedding cards, certificate from temple or pandit, then you cannot marry in the court because during the lifetime of your wife if you re marry then you could be held liable for committing bigamy and adultery.
Further your second marriage will be void.
Hence suggested that you seek divorce from first wife and re marry.
As you yourself admitted that you are married so definitely there are some evidence available for the same. But if your documents shows your status as single it reflects your malafide intention to cheat someone and its a crime itself. Now come to the next query i.e. to marry with another woman: dear without taking divorce from the first wife whether you have any relation to her or not is bigamy and a punishable offence in the eye of law.
OPINION: I suggest you to opt for mutual divorce if possible and then proceed for 2nd marriage.
For further query to get more clarification take an appointment.
Advocate Mohan SJanakpuri, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Inquiry regarding compensation of acquired land
- Can a joint property be sold without the consent of joint owner
- how to stop father from illicit relationship
- Petitioner does not show up in court after filing for divorce
- What share does daughter get in ancestral property