can my wife file for a divorce if i do not want it
Me and my wife have been married for close to 3 years now. My wife has lost interest in the marriage and wants to live alone. She herself says that there is no fault of mine and that she wants divorce just to live alone, and that she doesn't like marriage in the first place, and there is nothing wrong with me. She just says, she did a mistake by marrying. And she realized now that she likes living alone better wherein I have failed in convincing her to stay married. I don't want the divorce as I still like her and want to stay with her and I have no plans of second marriage or anything. What legal options does she have? Can she still go ahead and file for a divorce if I don't want it, and if there is no fault of mine? What legal options do I have in such a case that she files for a divorce?
The option you have it's to file for restitution of conjugal rights. However if your wife does not want to continue in the marriage you can not force her even if the court orders her to live with you.
Our advice is to go for a mutually consented divorce tho avoid further unwanted complications as three years were good enough to sort things out. Once you file for divorce there will be six months cooling off period during which you can once again try saving the marriage. The divorce will be ordered in six month's time from the time of filing of divorce.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband filing divorce because I cheated him 3 years ago
- Company land partition
- Broker sold me a piece of land at higher price what action can I take
- Whether promotion of my father includes me in creamy layer
- Seller asking to pay for approval number should I pay him