quesCan maintenance money recovered after case dismissed?

Wife filed a maintenance against the husband and got awarded interim maintenance. Finally the petition was dismissed in favour of the husband. Whether the husband can recover the maintenance paid to wife?

  • ansIf the case has been dismissed then husband is absolved of his liability to pay any further amount to wife.

    But the amount already paid cannot be recovered.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was married on 07 June 2014. My Husband was working in Singapore. On 12…

My wife is cheating on me. What action can I take?

I'm a Hindu married since Feb 2014 and have a 8 month old child. My…
i got married last year,before marriage i did not know about her real charector. after…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly