Can i take divorce in 15 days of marriage?
I want to take divorce after 15 days of marriage. I am a Hindu. Kindly help.
An application under Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act is to be filed showing the extraordinary circumstances seeking waiver of one year time period from the marriage as per the law.
Even in grant of decree of divorce by mutual consent, there has to be a time period of six months between the first motion and the second motion petition, which can only be condoned by the Hon'ble Supreme Court on rare grounds.
The best way for filing a divorce is by the way of mutual consent. Alternately you can file a case by filing a petition on either of the various grounds under the Marriage Law.
Grounds for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 are as follows:
Adultery / Cruelty / Desertion / Conversion to another religion / Mental Disorder / Leprosy / Venereal Disease / Renunciation / Not Heard Alive / No Resumption of Co-habitation.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Landlord asking for another months rent because no new tenant found
- Brother sexually abused me now i want to file a case against him
- Mini trucks parked near street lamp posts how to complain against this
- What laws bind to delivery alcohol within the city boundaries
- Married a girl when I was 20 but never stayed together