×

quescan i stop husband to enter my property legally

I have a house in my name since 1990. In 2010 my husband took my signature and he has affidavit that half house belongs to him but I am paying all the bills in my name. Can I stop him legally from entering my property?

• ansThat affidavit may well have been a deed of transfer, the effect of signing which is to transfer the ownership of the house. He cannot be stopped legally from entering the property as he may well have become an owner after you signed the affidavit. Now the only legal recourse available to you is to immediately file a suit and get the deed cancelled. Please get the affidavit reviewed by a lawyer to get detailed opinion of the options you have.