Can i stay with husband if divorce case is pending?
If my husband files divorce case against me I want to go his home can I go his home case is going on?
If you want to stay in the same house, then we suggest you should file an application under Section 19 of Domestic Violence Act thereby seeking right to residence by the Court.
Further you can stay in the same house however you cannot cohabit together . There various judgement where Courts have held that during the divorce proceeding wife can stay at husbands house.
Thank you for your query
If your husband files a divorce case against you
You have to stay at some other place either your parental house or file for maintenance and thereafter shift to an accomodation
It is not at all advisable to go to his home and stay with him when divorce case is pending
Rest course of action can be understood in a better way on meeting in person
Advocate Amitesh Singh BakshiDelhi High Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to do division of property among property
- Group of people making fake certificates what action is possible
- Can I appeal against the judgement of the High Court
- How to file divorce w/o wife's consent? She is influenced by in laws.
- Procedure to get a stay order from court