quescan i stay away from my husband without taking divorce?

i dont want to stay with my husband. it has been 3 months of our marriage. what is the procedure to stay away from him and how can i file for legal separation. can i stay with my friend until i get divorced. are there any consequences if i stay with him?

  • ansAs per hindu marriage act...you must show the reason..for seperation before one year to satisfy the court..or you can claim seperation if the marriage is void..there are some serious nature reasons.in which you can filed application..to the court.. you didnot mentioned your reason...you cant stay with your friend untill you get divorce..and period for divorce is after one year...if both r ready to divorce mutually can make.notorise draft..for declaration..that we will take divorce after one yr..till date we would not complaint any way abt each other..in any pilice stn..and after one year to support divorce petition it can be filed in divorce petition...

    Advocate Ganesh Alandikar

      Baramati, Pune

  • ansYes..
    You can stay away as well as you can file for divorce..
    If he is also ready to give divorce then you both can file for Divorce by Mutual Consent.
    If he is not ready then you can file Petition for Divorce against him on appropriate grounds..
    Hope this helps !!

  • ansYou divorce file divorce and if it is with mutual consent then u will get 6 months legal separation. So far staying with friend will have no legal consequences coz finally you are staying with friend as err sharing accommodation with friend can not create legal complications provided no illicit or illegal relationship is established.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband's 1st marriage was love n out of our religion. She was a Christian.…
I had married in 2013 and after nine months he left (because he is impotent…
we are hindu,wife filed MC&DVC after 3yr of deliberate separation by her only alongwith 1yr…
I got married in 6th march 2016 under hindu marriage act. It was a arranged…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly