can i stay away from my husband without taking divorce?
i dont want to stay with my husband. it has been 3 months of our marriage. what is the procedure to stay away from him and how can i file for legal separation. can i stay with my friend until i get divorced. are there any consequences if i stay with him?
As per hindu marriage act...you must show the reason..for seperation before one year to satisfy the court..or you can claim seperation if the marriage is void..there are some serious nature reasons.in which you can filed application..to the court.. you didnot mentioned your reason...you cant stay with your friend untill you get divorce..and period for divorce is after one year...if both r ready to divorce mutually can make.notorise draft..for declaration..that we will take divorce after one yr..till date we would not complaint any way abt each other..in any pilice stn..and after one year to support divorce petition it can be filed in divorce petition...
Advocate Ganesh AlandikarBaramati, Pune
You can stay away as well as you can file for divorce..
If he is also ready to give divorce then you both can file for Divorce by Mutual Consent.
If he is not ready then you can file Petition for Divorce against him on appropriate grounds..
Hope this helps !!
Advocate Namitabh KothariFort, Mumbai
You divorce file divorce and if it is with mutual consent then u will get 6 months legal separation. So far staying with friend will have no legal consequences coz finally you are staying with friend as err sharing accommodation with friend can not create legal complications provided no illicit or illegal relationship is established.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Engagement cancelled day before any action for money spent and insult
- Harassed by daughter in law what can we do
- Motor Cycle stolen from company parking premises who is responsible
- How is the Fathers's own property distribution if there is no will
- Matter compromised if violence repeats again then what action to take