×

quescan i marry my sister's husband's brother's daughter?

actully mai apne didi ke devar ke daughter se pyar karta hu wo v karti hai and hmlog sadi karna chahte hain kya ye possible hai ?

Yes assuming you are Hindu, you will be governed by Hindu Marriage Act and according to this Act, you are not related to each other within the degrees of prohibited relationships, hence you can marry her. For the purpose of clarity degrees of prohibited relationships means :

Two persons are said to be within the degrees of prohibited relationships:

If one is a lineal ascendant of the other. For example a Daughter can not marry her father and grandfather. Similarly, a mother can not marry her son or grandson.

if one was the wife of the brother or of the father's or mother's brother or the grandfather's or grandmother's brother of the other.

If the two are brother and sister; uncle and niece; Aunt and Nephew or children of brother and sister of two brothers or two sisters. It must have been noticed in some communities the marriage with the wife of the brother and mother's brother and the first cousins are solemnized, those marriages, in the absence of a custom in the community are not valid marriages.

• ansPlease take a personal consultation .The relationship described is not understandable.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi