can i marry my sister's husband's brother's daughter?
actully mai apne didi ke devar ke daughter se pyar karta hu wo v karti hai and hmlog sadi karna chahte hain kya ye possible hai ?
Yes assuming you are Hindu, you will be governed by Hindu Marriage Act and according to this Act, you are not related to each other within the degrees of prohibited relationships, hence you can marry her. For the purpose of clarity degrees of prohibited relationships means :
Two persons are said to be within the degrees of prohibited relationships:
If one is a lineal ascendant of the other. For example a Daughter can not marry her father and grandfather. Similarly, a mother can not marry her son or grandson.
if one was the wife of the brother or of the father's or mother's brother or the grandfather's or grandmother's brother of the other.
If the two are brother and sister; uncle and niece; Aunt and Nephew or children of brother and sister of two brothers or two sisters. It must have been noticed in some communities the marriage with the wife of the brother and mother's brother and the first cousins are solemnized, those marriages, in the absence of a custom in the community are not valid marriages.
Please take a personal consultation .The relationship described is not understandable.
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What action can a landlord take to evict tenant for non payment?
- Father selling property sister-in-law's furniture
- Wife wants divorce and have the custody of the child
- Dad is alive and willing to give property to my married sister
- Marriage postponed by girl's parents. Only engagement done. What to do