Can i make police complaint for domestic violence. Just as information
I am suffering from domestic violence in my in-laws house. Initially wants to lodge a complaint with police for information only as in-laws promised not to repeat the act again.can I make so just for information only without in-laws knowledge as things are now smooth,
You can file a police complaint, however please bear in mind that police complaint will go to Women Cell where your in laws will be called.
If you intend to settle the matter, you can do so in the Women Cell.
In case they commit domestic violence then you can again lodge police complaint, as Section 498A is an continuous offence.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Siblings trying to claim share in my share given in will
- How to execute a Will & share property - I am the executor of the Will
- Builder denying the parking space as agreed on before
- Married a girl already married before in arya samaj mandir
- Procedure to change name on the CBSE marksheet