quesCan i make police complaint for domestic violence. Just as information

I am suffering from domestic violence in my in-laws house. Initially wants to lodge a complaint with police for information only as in-laws promised not to repeat the act again.can I make so just for information only without in-laws knowledge as things are now smooth,

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      You can file a police complaint, however please bear in mind that police complaint will go to Women Cell where your in laws will be called.

      If you intend to settle the matter, you can do so in the Women Cell.

      In case they commit domestic violence then you can again lodge police complaint, as Section 498A is an continuous offence.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Female/32 yrs, remarried, husband uses very bad abusive language even if there is slightest of…
    Me hindu and my husband sindhi married under special marriage act, live separately for 2.5yrs,child…
    We have agreed for mutual divorce but I want to know should I sign documents…

    1. My cousion living seperartly from her her husband since last one month due to…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

      Shree Ram Nagar
     Experience: 11 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly