quesCan i make police complaint for domestic violence. Just as information

I am suffering from domestic violence in my in-laws house. Initially wants to lodge a complaint with police for information only as in-laws promised not to repeat the act again.can I make so just for information only without in-laws knowledge as things are now smooth,

You can file a police complaint, however please bear in mind that police complaint will go to Women Cell where your in laws will be called.

If you intend to settle the matter, you can do so in the Women Cell.

In case they commit domestic violence then you can again lodge police complaint, as Section 498A is an continuous offence.