can I get divorce if my husband is not ready for it
I got married against my family wishes but it lasted for 10 days only as my husband's parents and relatives were not supportive and created a very bad enviroment and my husband also didnt support me then. Since last one and a half year I am staying with my parents. My husband didnt make much effort to reconcile but recently he came to take me again. I dont want to go again with him. I want divorce from my husband. We do not have any baby. I do not want any alimony or maintenance. If my husband doesnt want to divorce me, how would it be possible for me to get divorce from him?
10 days is too short a period to think of divorce. You cannot file for divorce unless a period of 1 year has elapsed since your marriage. Since your husband has come to take you back it is in your interest to try to save your marriage . Please note that contested divorce takes years. Its better to file for mutual consent divorce if reconciliation fails.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is it possible to get a license to sell liquor online
- Installation of mobile tower in front of window against will
- Cousins brother not allowing me to use my share of agricultual land
- Can I marry my mother's brother's daughter's daughter?
- Domestic violence by husband where should file FIR