quescan I get divorce if my husband is not ready for it

I got married against my family wishes but it lasted for 10 days only as my husband's parents and relatives were not supportive and created a very bad enviroment and my husband also didnt support me then. Since last one and a half year I am staying with my parents. My husband didnt make much effort to reconcile but recently he came to take me again. I dont want to go again with him. I want divorce from my husband. We do not have any baby. I do not want any alimony or maintenance. If my husband doesnt want to divorce me, how would it be possible for me to get divorce from him?

  • ans10 days is too short a period to think of divorce. You cannot file for divorce unless a period of 1 year has elapsed since your marriage. Since your husband has come to take you back it is in your interest to try to save your marriage . Please note that contested divorce takes years. Its better to file for mutual consent divorce if reconciliation fails.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly