can i get Alimony
Hi My wife is educated - done her masters in Commerce. She used to work for very low salary before marriage for some time and then left it. She is also from a lower income salary background, although that was not what I had in mind when we got married, I have my own home which is a 2BR which I had bought before marriage and most of the loan paid off. I had put in all of my last 10 years income to get that shelter of my own. We are married for a year and half and I am looking for a divorce - mutual or contested. More than money I am looking for peace of mind, Will I have to part of with half of my salary and home as what I have heard is that the alimony doesnt consider the length of the marriage
Hi, pay her a consolidated amount to settle with one time alimony and file a consent term before the court to this effect along wiht the MCD, that she has taken this amount towards her maintenance and alimony. include the clause that she writes off he future claims of maintenance and alimony , right in any immovable property etc.in the MCD petition . The amount of settlement can be decided mutually either with the help of a mediator, friend or relative orelse an advocate who understand your financial conditions and who can make her to agree for this.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to locate grandfather's property and claim my share in them
- Can my husband divorce me over a text message
- Took loan for car which got stolen informed them they sent notice
- Rape under Section 376
- Average grading in ACR 2001 due this i have been superseded