quescan i get Alimony

Hi My wife is educated - done her masters in Commerce. She used to work for very low salary before marriage for some time and then left it. She is also from a lower income salary background, although that was not what I had in mind when we got married, I have my own home which is a 2BR which I had bought before marriage and most of the loan paid off. I had put in all of my last 10 years income to get that shelter of my own. We are married for a year and half and I am looking for a divorce - mutual or contested. More than money I am looking for peace of mind, Will I have to part of with half of my salary and home as what I have heard is that the alimony doesnt consider the length of the marriage

  • ansHi, pay her a consolidated amount to settle with one time alimony and file a consent term before the court to this effect along wiht the MCD, that she has taken this amount towards her maintenance and alimony. include the clause that she writes off he future claims of maintenance and alimony , right in any immovable property etc.in the MCD petition . The amount of settlement can be decided mutually either with the help of a mediator, friend or relative orelse an advocate who understand your financial conditions and who can make her to agree for this.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got married in nov 2015 and from oct 2016 i have been living separstely.…

I am 29 years old lady na iam married having a 4 years kid but…

Sir/Madam, i got married on 9th of December 2016.It was an arrange marriage.on 10th she…

I was married on the false pretext that my husband was working in the Indian…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly