quesCan i divorce wife after 2 months of marriage at Arya Samaj Mandir?

I want to divorce my wife so please advice what should I do? I married a girl 2 months back only in Arya Samaj mandir without premission of my family. Now my family does not accept the marriage and my wife is blackmailing me. Please help.

• ansSince your wife is blackmailing you, you can seek the support of your family and lodge a complaint with the police authority, before the girl approaches them, with some false complaints against you.

Marriage in Arya Samaj Mandir is a valid marriage as per the Hindu Marriage Act. In case you are unhappy due to any reason, you can file a petition for divorce under the various grounds available under the Hindu Marriage Act .i,e, cruelty/conversion to another religion/mental disorder/leprosy/veneral disease etc.