Can i divorce wife after 2 months of marriage at Arya Samaj Mandir?
I want to divorce my wife so please advice what should I do? I married a girl 2 months back only in Arya Samaj mandir without premission of my family. Now my family does not accept the marriage and my wife is blackmailing me. Please help.
Since your wife is blackmailing you, you can seek the support of your family and lodge a complaint with the police authority, before the girl approaches them, with some false complaints against you.
Marriage in Arya Samaj Mandir is a valid marriage as per the Hindu Marriage Act. In case you are unhappy due to any reason, you can file a petition for divorce under the various grounds available under the Hindu Marriage Act .i,e, cruelty/conversion to another religion/mental disorder/leprosy/veneral disease etc.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Accident caused by another person who did not have DL
- Landlord not ready to return security amount
- Can they decline sought information under RTI
- What is the procedure for court marriage under special marriage act
- Uncle has no legal heir can I claim his property