Can I change my religion and get married w/o divorcing the 1st wife?
Can I convert to Islam from Hindu and go for a 2nd marriage without divorcing my 1st wife? I a hindu married guy having a son and want to marry my muslim girlfriend, but my hindu wife is not agreeing to give me a Divorce. If I change my religion into islam in that case can I marry my girlfriend?
Is there any complication in this case? I want to do all this in a legal manner, so please guide me.
No, you cannot change your religion just to remarry. The same strategy was followed by the Actor Dharmendra and the second marriage had been held as illegal by the competent court.
You need to get a valid divorce decree from the Court of law before you can marry another girl. Therefore, you need to file a petition for decree of dissolution of marriage on any of the grounds mentioned under Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can Bounced cheque case be filed through power of attorney
- How to apply for mutual divorce and custody of my son
- My step sister is claiming my property what can I do
- Step mother making false complaints to police. How to save myself?
- Doubt in sales promotion employees act