Can i be sent to jail if i filed a false affidavit in court?
I made an affidavit in court stating I am unemployed to claim maintenance from husband. But few months later I got a job offer and I joined the same.
Now my husband has filed a case against me saying that I filed a false affidavit. Am I liable? It is true that I was unemployed at that time. Please help me. Can I be sent to jail for this? How can I avoid this mess?
Filing a false affidavit is criminal offence of perjury.
But in your case you can file a fresh affidavit enclosing copy of your appointment letter which would clearly show that you were employed subsequently.
You can also narrate the same facts to the magistrate and police and the criminal case will stand dismissed.
However when got a job you should have informed court. Never conceal facts from court.
You can’t be held liable according to the facts given by you.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bank insisted for partition deed for providing loan
- Grandfather expired how can i claim the property on my name
- Developer sold and registered the same plot to two buyers
- Can a cheque bounce case be filed for Stop Payment
- Father Willed property to me and my brother consent of children needed